Sunday, December 1, 2013

Quick Service: Whataburger


I had a pretty standard fast food experience at Whataburger. Ideally the employees of a fast food restaurant would be knowledgeable of the menu (there is not much to it). However, the cashier had to look at the menu to answer a question about what came on a burger. The employees should also be friendly and welcoming. The cashier seemed to be ready to go home and was just going through the motions with minimal smiling and customer interaction.  This employee is an example of an employee I am very used to seeing at a fast food restaurant but I know more is expected from them. As far as timeliness, my experience was what I am used to for a Whataburger but most likely below the standard for most fast food. My food was not out until 6 minutes after I had ordered. The plus side is that they bring your food to your table.  The food is served on the standard try with the standard fast food wrapper and the drinks are in the standard fast food cup. 

Whataburger’s atmosphere is family style with plants and comfortable booths. It is a place to go after a high school football game or little league practice.  Some unique touches that set Whataburger apart from most other fast food places is the attention guests with the condiments being taken to the guests and refills being taken care of to allow the guest to remain seated.Overall, It was a mediocre experience for me at this Whataburger but I never expected this type of establishment to impress me by going above and beyond. 

Quick Service Rank: #3

- Kadie Fields, Junior


No comments:

Post a Comment