Sunday, December 1, 2013

Quick Service: Popeyes


Originally I went to Chick-fil-a for my fast food assessment but I ended up losing the reciept. Luckily for me, I eat multiple times a week so I decided to go to Popeyes which the closest one from me was in the Heights. Upon reaching this location, I noticed that it was slightly different than typical franchise locations because the restrooms were located outside, parking was in the back, the dining room was much smaller and there was outdoor seating. I was only the second customer inside and once I got up to order, the little lady was already putting the chicken into the box as I ordered along with the sides. This in comparison to visits to other Popeyes was amazing to me since those visits consisted of waiting 5 to 20 minutes just for someone to put chicken in a box. Whether this girl broke SOP or not did not matter to me because that was literally the fastest I've gotten my meal ever at any Popeyes. But just from my deduction skills, I could tell that most oftheir business came from drive-through orders since most of the half dozen employees were goofing around in the back and the manager was just eating chicken in plain sight. The menu was generally chicken, chicken, and more chicken plus their signature sides plus Coke products and sweet tea. All their decor and supplies were standard things you would find at any fast food restaurants ie paper and plastic everything with Popeyes logos plus Popeyes window decals and table tents. The employee uniforms were basic blue T's with red and yellow trim, blue visors and black pants, of course adorned with the Popeyes brand.
  Quick Service Rank: #2

-Terry Chung, Senior

No comments:

Post a Comment